Our business thrives on entrepreneurial self-starters who are open-minded and enthusiastic; bright people, who do what they say they will do. We appreciate those who are willing to try new things and learn from their mistakes.
We have a predisposition against organisational politics and prefer straight-talking people who are self-assured and can give and take constructive feedback.
Ultimately, we value people who do the 'right' things – for customers, their colleagues, the community and the business. People who embody the EMR WAY.
Our way is about caring and getting the job done for our customers and suppliers.
We care about:
(And hopefully we do all of this with humility and good humour.)
Our success is measured by:
1. We keep people safe and healthy
In the heavy industrial environment in which we operate, health and safety comes first in everything we do. We want to ensure that everyone returns home from work safely. We expect all colleagues to share this personal and collective responsibility to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners and communities.
2. We are environmentally and socially responsible Our company exists to reduce the need to source virgin metals and plastics by recycling products, buildings and infrastructure when they have come to the end of their useful lives. This has a hugely positive impact on CO2 emissions. But we don’t stop there; we also continually work to minimise our carbon footprint through alternative technologies, energy efficient equipment and renewable energy. For more information visit our sustainability page.
We are mindful of the communities in which we work and seek to make a positive contribution to them by:
3. We treat people with respect and dignity
We believe in the principles of diversity and inclusion. At EMR, it’s not your background or where you come from that matters, it’s about attitude and delivery.
We expect all colleagues to actively support our positive, inclusive culture; everyone has the right to feel valued and respected.
4. We do business with integrity
We have built our reputation for being trustworthy and dependable through many years of fulfilling our customers' needs. Our hardworking people demonstrate honesty and integrity, forming strong customer relationships and enhancing our customers' experience. We want our people to continue to be the reason we stay ahead of the competition.
5. We protect the company’s interests and reputation
We are committed to working in a way that upholds our company’s interests and reputation in order to maintain our ability to reinvest in our people, our operations and our future growth.
The EMR Code of Conduct provides a simple guide to the EMR Way of doing business and to the principles that guide all of our actions and decisions. You can download our Code of Conduct here.