The Government imposed cash ban across the metal recycling industry now covers England and Wales and will launch in Scotland on the 1st September 2016 (for more information click here). This means that cash can no longer be paid for scrap metal.
To minimise the impact of this, EMR is offering its customer account holders a number of alternative methods of payment.
- Next day transfer into bank account
- Faster pay transfer into a bank account
- Cheque payment
Open an EMR customer account today
To take advantage of these payment options, customers must hold an EMR customer account. Customer accounts can be created at any EMR depot by giving some basic details to the payment office or online by completing this form. Account holders will be issued with an EMR Customer Loyalty Card which will be scanned on every visit. This will ensure quick access to customer information and speed up waiting times at the weighbridge/ payment office.
The change from cash to other payment methods means that we need to check and take copies of your ID when you first set up your account. Please bring the following with you on your first visit:
- Photo ID (driving licence or passport)
- Proof of address, no more than three months old (such as a utility bill or council tax bill)
* Charges associated with these payment methods vary depending on the option chosen.
Ask at the payment office or contact your nearest EMR depot for more information on charges.
- +44 1925 715 400