Cash Ban Scotland
The government is introducing a cash ban across the metal recycling industry in Scotland from 1st September 2016.
The Scottish Government will introduce a cash ban under the Air Weapons Licensing (Scotland) Act 2015. As a result we will no longer be allowed to pay cash for scrap and will only pay for scrap metal by cheque, or by an electronic transfer of funds.
Please note; The Scottish cash ban will apply to everyone who buys scrap metal as a business, unless they are registered as an itinerant.
- Next day transfer into bank account
- Faster pay transfer into a bank account
- Cheque payment. Additionally, as agents of Cheque Exchange Limited, we can provide a cheque cashing service while you are on site.
*The faster pay bank transfer is subject to a fee of £2 per transaction. There are also charges for cashing cheques.
Open an EMR customer account today
To take advantage of these payment options, customers must hold an EMR customer account. Customer accounts can be created at any EMR depot by giving some basic details to the payment office or online by completing this form.
When your account is set up you will be issued with an EMR Customer Loyalty Card which will be scanned every time you visit one of our sites to give us quick access to your customer information.
To set up your account we will need to check and take copies of your ID. Please bring the following with you on your first visit:
- Photo ID (driving licence or passport)
- Proof of address, no more than three months old (such as a utility bill or council tax bill)
If you have any further questions on the impact of the Scottish cash ban please contact your local depot here.
- +44 1925 715 400